WHAT IS GANILIA?
- Ganilia with Microencapsulated Iron is an innovative and comprehensive formulation scientifically developed for pregnant and breast-feeding women in line with international guidelines and with a focus on what is usually most needed during pregnancy & lactation.
- Ganilia helps by providing you with the minimum daily requirements of the main vitamins, minerals and DHA that may be lacking in your diet.
- Ganilia is the result of more than 10 years of research in the specific nutritional requirements during pregnancy and lactation. It contains a balanced combination of 15 essential vitamins, minerals and DHA developed with you and your baby in mind.
- Each Ganilia softgel capsule is made in Germany and you can be rest assured that you and your baby are receiving the proper nutritional help you both need.
WHO NEEDS GANILIA ?
- Pregnant and breast-feeding women especially pregnant women with rigid dieting, unbalanced diet, eating disorders
- Pregnant women with extreme weights (either too thin or overweight)
- Closely spaced or multiple pregnancies
- Young maternal age
- Diabetes, anemia, gastrointestinal disorders
WHY MICRO-ENCAPSULATED IRON IN GANILIA?
Maternal iron is needed during pregnancy to develop fetal blood cells and for the pregnant woman herself. Maternal iron deficiency is associated with increased risk of pre-term delivery and subsequent low birth weight.
Common iron supplementation may be associated with a metallic taste in the mouth, constipation and other gastro-intestinal disturbances like stomach upset. In addition, iron is a potent oxidant best taken individually. When in direct contact with DHA and other oxygen sensitive vitamins, iron will damage them.
Ganilia iron is isolated in a microcapsule to protect the other vitamins and especially DHA from oxidation. In addition, with a slow release in the digestive tract, Ganilia iron is better absorbed in the body and the other side effects from common iron supplementation are further reduced.